RV Rider E-Bike Rack
The RV Rider bike rack for RV's, motorhomes, and fifth wheels carries 2 E-Bikes (up to 80 lbs. each) on the back of an RV Motorhome, a 5th wheel, or a flat towed vehicle. Special features include universal heavy-duty wheel holders for heavy load carrying capacity. These wheel holders can fit any tire up to 5" wide and include a ratchet wheel strap. Locking frame grabbers secure the bikes in place. The frame grabbers can attach to a bike's frame or seat tube with a diameter range of 1"- 2", therefore Bike Adapters are not needed and should not be used. A locking cable and keyed alike hitch pin secure the bikes to the rack and the rack to the vehicle. The bike rack folds up when not in use and can tilt down for rear cargo access.
A double-walled receiver tube handles the extra weight of the electric bikes. An included hitch tightener reduces motion inside the hitch (the receiver hitch must have a flange). A minimum class 3 trailer hitch is required to use this bike rack.
This bike rack is not compatible with bumper pull, travel trailers or bumper mounted hitch receivers.
Class A, B & C RV Motorhome:
- Capacity: Two Bikes (Max. 80 lbs. per bike)
- Hitch Size: 2” only (Do not use a 1 ¼” -2” hitch adapter)
- Maximum bike wheelbase: 60”
- Minimum wheelbase: 36"
- Maximum tire width: 5"
- Features extra heavy duty wheel holders (Now with ratchet straps and rim protectors), an internally reinforced frame, and an external brace for heavy load carrying capacity
- Includes keyed-alike locking hitch pin, 8’ security cable, and locking frame grabbers
- The frame grabbers on this rack can hold step through bikes by the seatpost, therefore Bike Adapters are not needed and should not be used.
- Now includes two Small Wheel Adapter (SW-ADP-U) for 20" Fat tire bikes rear wheels to prevent derailleur hanger interference (You will only need one per bike)
- Not to be used with any 1-1/4" - 2" Adapter
- Not to be used with any Hitch Extension longer than 8"
- Not to be used on any trailer
- Not intended for use with motorized gasoline bicycles, mopeds, motorcycles or 3 wheel bikes (trikes), or electric scooters
- The RV Rider is the only rack that can be used on front hitches
- Rack Weight: 63.5 lbs.
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Minimum Trailer Hitch Tongue Weight: 350 lbs
- Minimum Vehicle Length: 24'
- Minimum GVW: 5,000 lbs
- Double Axle Required
About Hollywood Racks
Exceptional Bike Racks with Superior Stability
3rd Generation Family-Owned Doing What We Love the Most
Locally Owned & Operated in Los Angeles, California
Both are very similar in size and weight. However the RV Rider is a little more beefy. One very noticeable change is that there are not quick change tabs, to fold up the rack or bring it down for loading. You have to unscrew a knob that is attached to a bolt, which also has washers, that can easily get dropped or lost. The other thing is the no wabble design for the HR1500 is much better than the bolt on version the HR1700 has to install. If you could make the HR1700 with all the features that make the HR1500 so successful, you would have a 100% perfect Bike Rack. Still I'm very happy with the HR1700 RV Rider.
product as advertised. Installed it, but haven't used it yet.
Don’t get me wrong, it’s strong and works great for our 2 - 60lb electric bikes on the back of our 5th wheel. I wish you didn’t have to unscrew the knobs and risk losing the washers every time I use it. We have to drop the front bar to put the back bike on and that is a screw knob or to tilt it down to access the garage on my 5th wheel - that’s a different screw knob and washers. If there was a faster way to do those it’d be 5 stars.
Very satisfied with quality and design.
The RV Rider E-Bike Rack is great for travel in our motorhome. We have 2 e-bikes and this gives us the flexibility to carry them on the motorhome or on our towed vehicle. Our bikes are secured against theft and are well protected from shaking and rattling during travel.