The new 2021 RV Rider carries 2 E-bikes (up to 80 lbs. each) on the back of an RV Motorhome, a 5th wheel or a flat towed vehicle. Special features include universal heavy duty wheel holders for heavy load carrying capacity. These wheel holders can fit any tire up to 5" wide and include a ratchet wheel strap. Locking frame grabbers secure the bikes in place. The frame grabbers can attached to a bikes frame or seat tube with a diameter range of 1"- 2". A locking cable and keyed alike hitch pin secure the bikes to rack and the rack to the vehicle. The bike rack folds up when not in use and can tilt down for rear cargo access when the bikes are not mounted (when used on an RV or motorhome).
A double walled receiver tube handles the extra weight of the electric bikes. An included hitch tightener reduces motion inside the hitch (receiver hitch must have a flange). A minimum class 3 trailer hitch is required to use this bike rack.
This bike rack is not compatible with bumper pull, travel trailers or bumper mounted hitch receivers.
Class A, B & C RV Motorhome:
- Capacity: Two Bikes (Max. 80 lbs per bike)
- Hitch Size: 2” only (Do not use a 1 ¼” -2” hitch adapter)
- Maximum bike wheelbase: 60”
- Minimum wheelbase: 36"
- Maximum tire width: 5"
- Features extra heavy duty wheel holders (Now with a ratchet straps and rim protectors), an internally reinforced frame and external brace for heavy load carrying capacity
- Includes keyed alike locking hitch pin, 8’ security cable and locking frame grabbers
- For 20" Fat tire rear wheels you will need a Small Wheel Adapter (SW-ADP-U) to prevent derailleur hanger interference (You will only need one per bike)
- Not intended for use with motorized gasoline bicycles, mopeds, motorcycles or 3 wheel bikes (trikes), or electric scooters
- Rack Weight: 63.5 lbs.
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Minimum Trailer Hitch Tongue Weight: 350 lbs
- Minimum Vehicle Length: 24'
- Minimum GVW: 5,000 lbs
- Double Axle Required
Tilts Down for Easy Access to Your Trunk
It allows cargo area access without removing the rack and/ or bikes.
About Hollywood Racks
Exceptional Bike Racks with Superior Stability
3rd Generation Family-Owned Doing What We Love the Most
Locally Owned & Operated in Los Angeles, California
I looked everywhere online and calling bike shops for a rack that could carry two cargo e-bikes on our class A RV. Finally, scored the 1700 model (only one that could carry the weight) by calling Hollywood directly. It came in 3 days to the house. Easy to assemble. Not the fastest bike rack with knobs and latches to move with each mount and dismount. I do like the addt'l security with locks on the hitch and bike clasps but you'll still need more heavy duty locks. We've used it on the SUV and feel more comfortable knowing it's made to withhold sways and the 160 combined lbs. Also, we were able to get one side with fat tire set and one regular to secure them better. Thanks, E!
Have not used the rack yet, just finished putting it together. Very impressed with the workmanship and quality of the materials used. Well worth the price. Looking forward to going places with our ebikes. We liked the fact it was manufactured in Taiwan rather than China.
Perfect on the back of 40ft. RV & our Toyota Sequoia.
Easy to assemble, install & perfect for our 2 fat tire Rad Rover Electric bikes!
Well built, very sturdy. Rides well on the back of our motor home. We carry two fat tire ebikes at over 70 lbs each with no problem!