Destination E Bike Rack for Electric Bikes
The Destination E for Electric Bikes is our new hitch bike rack designed specifically to carry electric bikes with any sized tire up to 4.5" wide. This new bike rack has a sleek and modern design and can carry up to two 70 lb. electric bikes or standard bikes. It includes an expandable, wide aluminum ramp so you can load and unload your bikes easily. The Destination E hitch-mounted bike rack can fold flat against the car when not in use and features "balanced tilting" where the pivot point is between the bikes for easy trunk access when the bikes are loaded.
Other features include adjustable, keyed-alike locking frame and seat post clamps, ideal for unusual bike geometries as well as our No Wobble-No Tools Hitch Tightening System.
- Capacity: Two Bikes (Max. 70 lbs. per bike)
- Hitch Size: 2” only (Do not use a 1 ¼” - 2” hitch adapter)
- Includes a 46" long ramp
- Maximum bike wheelbase: 50”
- Maximum tire width: 4.5”
- Includes keyed-alike locking hitch pin and locking frame clamps
- “No-Wobble Hitch System" eliminates slack between the receiver and the rack without the use of tools
- Folds flat against car when not in use
- Feature's "Balanced Tilting" with the pivot point between the 2 bikes, making tilting down for cargo door access as easy as it gets
- The frame grabbers on this rack can hold step through bikes by the seatpost, therefore Bike Adapters are not needed and should not be used.
- Space between bikes: 11"
- Rack Weight: 46 lbs.
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
- When using on a seat post requirements: Min. 1" / Max 2"
- For step through bikes: Secure the bicycle by using the racks Frame Grabber around the bikes seat post
- Not to be used on front hitches
- Not to be used on any trailer, fifth wheel or towed vehicle
- CLASS B RV APPROVED ONLY (NOT APPROVED FOR CLASS A OR CLASS C RV'S)
MAX. BIKE WEIGHT CAPACITY
MAX. TIRE WIDTH
FOR 2" HITCH SIZE ONLY
EXPANDABLE, WIDE RAMP
For easy loading & unloading
Loading & unloading your E-bikes has never been easier — easy on your back and easy on your bike!
For easy trunk access
No need to unload your bikes to get your helmet, back pack, or to let the puppy out. The Destination E rack features “balanced tilting” with the pivot pointbetweenthe bikes making tilt down as easy as it gets.
No-Wobble Hitch System
Take your bikes everywhere
Eliminates slack between the receiver hitch and rack without the use of tools. Quick and easy rack installation gets you on the road faster with a more secure fit.
Lock & go
Keyed alike movable bike grabbers
We know how precious your bikes are to you so, we added an extra layer of security for your peace of mind. Keep your bikes secure during travel.
About Hollywood Racks
Exceptional Bike Racks with Superior Stability
3rd Generation Family-Owned Doing What We Love the Most
Locally Owned & Operated in Los Angeles, California
Great Bike Rack.
In Feb 2021, I purchased a Swagman Current Bike Rack from E-Trailer for my two regular bikes and anticipation of buying an e-bike. In May 2021, I purchased two Scott Sub-Active E-bikes. My Swagman bike rack worked well but I always needed help to lift my 63 lbs. Scott e-bikes onto the rack. In Jan 2022, I had torn a shoulder muscle while lifting my e-bike onto the rack. From that point on, I decided I needed to get an e-bike rack that came with a ramp. Thule, Yakima and Kuat made racks with ramps but none of those three had other features that met my needs. Around May 2022, Hollywood Racks released their “Destination E” bike rack. After much studying, I decided that the Destination E was the rack for me and ordered one from E-Trailer in July 2022.
Assembly was rather easy after viewing video clips from E-Trailer website and Hollywood Racks videos on YouTube. The Destination E bike rack is well constructed and sturdy. My two conventional bikes were easy to load and mount on the Destination E without any problems. On my two Scott E-bikes which have the “step-thru” frames, the first one loaded easy but on my second one, I needed to use a “frame adapter bar” to mount my bike. To make sure that my bikes were securely mounted on, I used two bungee cords to keep my two bikes secured together.
The best part of my Destination E bike rack was the ramp. It could adjust to any length and is very sturdy. Some reviews I seen cited that there was no way to store the ramp on the outside of the rack and that was a possible reason for customers not to buy the Destination E. Without anywhere to store the ramp on the outside is fine with me. First, the ramp does not weigh much and shrinks into a small compact size. It can be stored anywhere safely inside the vehicle. If stored outside, it might be easily stolen or lost during transportation.
In summary, there are not too many e-bike racks on the market that will accommodate a 63 lbs e-bike that have fenders and come with an adjustable ramp like the Hollywood Destination E Bike Rack. I highly recommend to anyone in buying this bike rack.
It needed a slight mod for my fatty e-bike. The front tire uses two tie downs but they are so far apart, I could only use one. I drilled a new hole closer and everything works fine. It is an engineering marvel!!! Would recommend highly.
As an older female (71), I needed a rack for my car that was both easy to install/use and load my heavy ebike (Sixthreezero EVRYjourney). The Hollywood Destination E Bike Rack is the perfect solution!!! Not only is it easy to set up and load my bike, it’s very secure. I love the built in locks as well. Customer support is very quick to reply (had issues with FedEx). Thank you!!!!
The rack is easy to fit, incredibly robust. Features work great. Overall really liked it but ended up not keeping it because of (2) below. The two areas that could be improved on were:
1) it would be good to have a storage solution for the ramp on the bike (strap or clip etc).
2) Max wheelbase is 50” whereas the “lower” model HR1500 is 60” so it doesn’t work for most cargo bikes eg Blix Packa. This is a shame as the cargo bikes being so heavily really benefit from the ramp and clamping system that eliminates the need for cross bar adaptors. If only it was 10” wider it would be perfect for cargo bikes.