Sport Rider for Electric Bikes (1-1/4")
The Sport Rider Hitch Bike Rack for Electric Bikes is the E-bike version of the Sport Rider SE2. This rack will carry 2 electric bikes or 2 standard bikes. Special features include extra heavy duty wheel holders for heavy load carrying capacity. This hitch rack folds up when not in use, tilts down for easy cargo access and includes a keyed alike locking hitch pin, security cable and locking frame hooks. For 1-1/4" Class 2 or above hitches.
Please note a 1-1/4 Class 2 hitch is required for this rack. If you are not sure what class size you have, please email us a photo of your receiver hitch and we will let you know.
A Class 1 and Class 2 hitches both have a 1-1/4 inch receiver hitch. The difference is that a Class 1 hitch has a lower tongue weight rating, usually 200 pounds and a lower towing rating, usually 2,000 pounds. A Class 2 hitch usually has a tongue weight rating of 350 pounds and a towing rating of 3,500 pounds.
- Capacity: Two Bikes (Max. 80 lbs per bike)
- Hitch Size: 1-1/4" & 2" (includes 2" aluminum adapter), a Class 2 hitch is required, a Class 1 hitch will not work.
- Maximum bike wheelbase: 60”
- Maximum tire width: 5”
- Features extra heavy duty wheel holders (Now with a ratchet straps and rim protectors), an internally reinforced frame and external brace for heavy load carrying capacity
- Includes keyed alike locking hitch pin, 8’ security cable and locking frame hooks
- Uses a locking threaded 1/2-13 hitch pin
- Hitch tightener also included
- Folds flat against car when not in use
- Tilts down for easy cargo door access
- Space between bikes: 10
- For 20" Fat tire rear wheels you will need a Small Wheel Adapter (SW-ADP-U) to prevent derailleur hanger interference (You will only need one per bike)
- For step through bicycles you will need to also purchase a Bike Adapter
- Rack Weight: 58 lbs.
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Not to be used on 1-1/4" Class 1 hitches
- Not to be used on front hitches
- Not to be used with any Hitch Extension longer than 8"
- Not to be used with the Sport Rider SE2 Add on Kit or the Sport Rider SE Cargo Carrier Add On Kit
- Not to be used on any RV, trailer, fifth wheel or towed vehicle
Installation Video 2019 - 2023
Installation Instructions 2019 - 2023
2020 - 2023 Replacement Parts: HR1560
2019 - 2020 Replacement Parts: HR1460Z-E
2019 - 2020 Replacement Parts: HR1465Z-E
E-bike Wheel Holders
Designed and reinforced for heavy bikes.
Fat Tire Wheel Holders
Reinforced for heavy bikes and designed to hold fat tires up to 5" wide.
Tilts Down for Easy Access to Your Trunk
It allows cargo area access without removing the rack and/ or bikes.
About Hollywood Racks
Exceptional Bike Racks with Superior Stability
3rd Generation Family-Owned Doing What We Love the Most
Locally Owned & Operated in Los Angeles, California
The rack seems solid and installed easily. This is the only heavy duty rack I found that installs on a 1-1/4" receiver. Customer support was great, and answered all my questions prior to my purchase.
I wish it was easier to attach and remove; it requires tools to remove the bolt that attaches it to the receiver. I believe the version for the 2" receiver has an easier method. I also wish the instructions had better guidelines (torque value) on tightening the main pivot bolt; I don't want to over-tighten, but I don't want the rack to be floppy either.
Ordered this rack in for a customer with a Scion X/b with a 1-1/4 inch receiver. The customer had two Aventon Adventure e-bikes and this racked worked perfectly for him! Definitely recommend!
Well engineered and executed. worth every penny. I looked a a few racks and yours is the best value for the money..
Quality and performance of this ebike rack is outstanding. Customer service is outstanding and they are priced under their competitors.
Very well built rack