Sport Rider for Electric Bikes (1-1/4")
This Memorial Day we are offering a rack valet system to easily transport your bike rack to and from your vehicle at no additional charge with the purchase of any E-bike Rack. Must add the Rack Valet to Cart in order to receive with your order.
The Sport Rider Hitch Bike Rack for Electric Bikes is the E-bike version of the Sport Rider SE2. This rack will carry 2 electric bikes or 2 standard bikes. Special features include extra heavy duty wheel holders for heavy load carrying capacity. This hitch rack folds up when not in use, tilts down for easy cargo access and includes a keyed alike locking hitch pin, security cable and locking frame hooks. For 1-1/4" Class 2 or above hitches.
Please note a 1-1/4 Class 2 hitch is required for this rack. If you are not sure what class size you have, please email us a photo of your receiver hitch and we will let you know.
A Class 1 and Class 2 hitches both have a 1-1/4 inch receiver hitch. The difference is that a Class 1 hitch has a lower tongue weight rating, usually 200 pounds and a lower towing rating, usually 2,000 pounds. A Class 2 hitch usually has a tongue weight rating of 350 pounds and a towing rating of 3,500 pounds.
- Capacity: Two Bikes (Max. 80 lbs per bike)
- Hitch Size: 1-1/4" & 2" (includes 2" aluminum adapter), a Class 2 hitch is required, a Class 1 hitch will not work.
- Maximum bike wheelbase: 60”
- Maximum tire width: 5”
- Features extra heavy duty wheel holders (Now with a ratchet straps and rim protectors), an internally reinforced frame and external brace for heavy load carrying capacity
- Includes keyed alike locking hitch pin, 8’ security cable and locking frame hooks
- Uses a locking threaded 1/2-13 hitch pin
- Hitch tightener also included
- Folds flat against car when not in use
- Tilts down for easy cargo door access
- Space between bikes: 10
- For 20" Fat tire rear wheels you will need a Small Wheel Adapter (SW-ADP-U) to prevent derailleur hanger interference (You will only need one per bike)
- For step through bicycles you will need to also purchase a Bike Adapter
- Rack Weight: 58 lbs.
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Not to be used on 1-1/4" Class 1 hitches
- Not to be used on front hitches
- Not to be used with the Sport Rider SE2 Add on Kit or the Sport Rider SE Cargo Carrier Add On Kit
- Not to be used on any RV, trailer, fifth wheel or towed vehicle
2019 - 2020 Replacement Parts: HR1460Z-E
2019 - 2020 Replacement Parts: HR1465Z-E
E-bike Wheel Holders
Designed and reinforced for heavy bikes.
Fat Tire Wheel Holders
Reinforced for heavy bikes and designed to hold fat tires up to 5" wide.
Tilts Down for Easy Access to Your Trunk
It allows cargo area access without removing the rack and/ or bikes.
About Hollywood Racks
Exceptional Bike Racks with Superior Stability
3rd Generation Family-Owned Doing What We Love the Most
Locally Owned & Operated in Los Angeles, California
Rides easily. I have a 1 1/4 inch receiver on my Odyssey. Very little movement or sway especially with the hitch tightener. Easy load and unload. Best to lock the rear wheels and pull the handlebars up and put in the front tire and then lift the rear wheel onto the cradle. Holds my 29-inch hardtail, too! Pretty easy and simple to put together. Took some time to get the cradles in the right position so the wheels wouldn't stick out.
Unfortunately i have the 1 1/4" receiver being replace by a 2" that is needed. But so far the service from Hollywood is super. Once i have the 2" ill be able to let you know in how the carrier is working.
Received yesterday installed in about 20 minutes on Ford escape hybrid. Using to carry radwagon three and red city step through. had to purchase the top tube adapter for the red city, definitely not impressed with that product for $35. I can make a better one that fits tight and won’t scratch the paint out of PVC for less than five dollars. Will be returning that. As for the hitch rack, it is definitely well-made solid steel nice finish. Took it for a test drive down the gravel road with potholes and was not impressed with how much the bikes moved but I also knew that this did not have the hitch tightening system that the 2 inch version has. Obviously, you cannot fit that mechanism in an inch and a quarter steel shank and still have the rated capacity. Guess I was hoping for a little bit more stiffness and lateral bracing for $500. First impression good fit and easy install, Just plain expensive. Also had to wait six months for these to come back in stock but that is Covid’s fault not Hollywood racks
I have been using this rack for over 1 year and have great success, easy to load, low to the ground, and very secure. Highly recommend it, I have 2 driven playa express fat tire beach cruisers that weigh over 70lbs each and the rack handles them easily.
The 1 1/4 “ Hollywood E-Bike Rack is a high quality item all components assembled perfect , very pleased with the ease of. Loading and unloading of my E- Bike